Position: Director Europe // Location: Paris, France
Reporting to: Executive Director, McCourt Institute
ABOUT THE MCCOURT INSTITUTE
The McCourt Institute was established in 2021 with founding partners Sciences Po in Paris and Georgetown University in Washington, D.C, and aims to enhance digital governance by supporting timely, actionable research on ethical technology and serving as a meeting ground for technologists, social scientists, policymakers and governance experts, and leaders from the public and private sector. Together, these interdisciplinary partners will create a framework for online activity and growth that supports innovation and focuses on technology for the common good. The Institute supports the goals of Project Liberty, a visionary initiative to transform how the internet works, create a more equitable digital economy, and develop a new civic architecture for the digital world.
The Europe director of the McCourt Institute is the representative of the Institute in Europe, reporting to and working closely with the executive director to manage and develop the activities of the Institute in France and in Europe.
- Develop and execute the overall strategy of the Institute in France and Europe
- Provide strategic advice to the executive director to maximize the Institute’s impact in France and Europe and support the executive director in all relevant activities
- Manage, supervise, hire, and train the Paris office staff
- Act as liaison between the McCourt Institute executive director, the head of Washington, D.C., office and other relevant parties
- Coordinate the relationship and activities with founding partner Sciences Po including events, grants, meetings, and other logistics
- Plan and implement short and long term organizational strategies
- Provide regular analysis and evaluation regarding office operational opportunities and issues
- Prepare and manage the Institute’s annual office operations budget in conjunction with key stakeholders, including the approval and control of expenses
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors in Europe
- Work on potential special projects as reasonably required of the role
- Work with and support the President of McCourt EMEA to explore, identify and develop partnerships and fundraising opportunities for the McCourt Institute in France and Europe
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in management and administration, preferably in the private sector
- Proven leadership ability to drive an office and team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Fluent French (with excellent editing and proof-reading skills) and fluent English (written and spoken) are required
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Knowledge of the tech sector, academic world, and public affairs is an extra asset
To apply for this position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.
Deadline for applications: Friday, May 20, 2022
We believe having diversity of perspective, professional backgrounds, identity groups and lived experience is a strength for teams and we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. McCourt Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability, age, and familial, caregiver, or veteran status.