ABOUT THE MCCOURT INSTITUTE
The McCourt Institute was established in 2021 with founding partners Sciences Po in Paris and Georgetown University in Washington, D.C, and aims to enhance digital governance by supporting timely, actionable research on ethical technology and serving as a meeting ground for technologists, social scientists, policymakers and governance experts, and leaders from the public and private sector. Together, these interdisciplinary partners will create a framework for online activity and growth that supports innovation and focuses on technology for the common good. The Institute supports the goals of Project Liberty, a visionary initiative to transform how the internet works, create a more equitable digital economy, and develop a new civic architecture for the digital world.
The intern, based in our D.C. office, will assist the McCourt Institute with a multifaceted project including research and coordination of the project’s content, stakeholders, and logistics. S/he will be reporting to and working closely with the Director North America and Director of Communications to help advance the year-long project.
- Coordinate the activities of the project’s stakeholders including Institute colleagues and advisory board of the project
- Assist in research regarding social media platforms
- Assist in logistics and coordination of relevant meetings and events
- Assist in drafting and delivery of relevant presentations and other material
- Perform other relevant tasks as required
- A second-year master’s student with an interest in academia
- Previous experience in or knowledge of the tech sector and academia
- Some knowledge of social media platforms as businesses
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Collaborative worker
- Self-motivator, problem-solving and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Ability to multi-task
- Fluent English (written and spoken) are required
- 6 months+
- September 1, 2022
- Washington, D.C.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
- August 1, 2022
To apply for this position, contact email@example.com with your CV and cover letter.
We believe having diversity of perspective, professional backgrounds, identity groups and lived experience is a strength for teams and we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. McCourt Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability, age, and familial, caregiver, or veteran status.